It’s hard to function without clean clothes, so we’d notice pretty quickly if we stopped doing the laundry. However, we might not be as inclined to notice if our dryer is taking a little longer to dry our clothes, and then a little longer still. Most people know to check and clean the lint trap each time they use the dryer, but doing so does not ensure that the ducting, which allows air to flow safely out of the dryer, is free from lint buildup. It is prudent to have professional dryer vent cleaning performed once or twice a year to prevent excessive accumulation of lint. By doing so, you can enjoy these advantages:
- Lower risk of a dryer fire, which is a real safety concern affecting thousands each year.
- Longer dryer life due to optimal air flow and less strain on the dryer.
- Energy savings thanks to faster, more efficient drying.
- Less wear on clothing, as shorter drying times reduce exposure to damaging heat.
- Reduced allergens, like mold and dust, which can grow or accumulate in damp vents.
- Prevention of carbon monoxide poisoning that is possible with gas dryers.
There’s no point in risking your home or family’s safety by neglecting to have dryer vent cleaning performed. At Swept Away Chimney, we offer professional dryer vent cleaning in the Acworth, Georgia area. We are an experienced, family-owned business that understands how important your safety is and prioritizes making sure you are satisfied with our work. We appreciate our customers and value open, honest communication. We want you to work with us again, and membership options and HomeAdvisor awards attest to our dedication to serving your family well. Don’t delay; call us or visit our website today to schedule a dryer vent cleaning and keep your home and family safe.